Kevin Dorn, City Manager - e-mail
City Hall, 575 Dorset Street, South Burlington, Vermont 05403
As Chief Executive Officer for the City of South Burlington, the City Manager oversees the administration of the City, its operating departments, and the City budget. Appointed by the City Council to carry out its policies and directives, the City Manager position is non-partisan and filled based upon the qualifications of the applicant.
Kevin Dorn was appointed City Manager on October 16, 2013.
City Manager's Contract from 7-1-2013 to 6-30-2015
City Manager's Contract from 7-1-2015 to 6-30-2018
Key City Staff & Department Heads:
City Manager’s Office
- Deputy City Manager / Treasurer - Tom Hubbard l 846-4107
- Finance Officer - Martha Machar l 383-1789
- City Attorney - Andrew Bolduc l 846-4117
- Community Development Director – Ilona Blanchard l 846-4123
- Director of Community Engagement & Innovations – Coralee Holm l 846-4127
- HR Manager - Jaimie Held l 846-4118
- IT System Administrator – Al Reed l 383-1782
- Police Chief - Shawn Burke l 846-4186
- Fire Chief – Terry Francis l 846-4134
- Director/City Engineer – Justin Rabidoux l 658-7961
- Environmental Services Director – Tom DiPietro l 658-7961
- Sewer Superintendent – Bob Fischer l 658-7964
- Water Superintendent – Jay Nadeau l 864-7454 x. 4817
- City Clerk – Donna Kinville l 846-4119
Planning & Zoning
- Director – Paul Conner l 846-4106
Recreation & Parks
- Recreation Director – Holly Rees l 846-4108
- Director – Jennifer Murray l 652-7076
The City of South Burlington has a public records policy which complies with the Vermont’s “Public Records Law” (Title 1, Chapter 5, Subchapter 3 of Vermont Statutes Annotated - 1 V.S.A. § 315-320). The law states that “"[A]ny agency, board, department, commission, committee, branch, instrumentality, or authority of the state or any agency, board, committee, department, branch, instrumentality, commission, or authority of any political subdivision of the state" is obligated to provide access to public records for inspection and copying unless the records are exempt by law from public access.
Submit public information requests to the appropriate department personnel as follows:
- Vital and Land Records – Donna Kinville, City Clerk - 846-4119
- South Burlington Police Records Department - e-mail - 846-4160
- Development Review Board and Planning Commission - Paul Conner, Planning and Zoning Director l 846-4113
- All other records not listed above - Contact the department head or City Manager's Office l 846-4107
The City does not use a lobbying firm for general lobbying activities.
Elected and appointed officials may from time to time advocate for or against legislation either as individuals or as a result of a position officially adopted by the City Council. Any Council actions taken may be found in the minutes of the City Council.
City Affiliation to Organizations that Lobby
The following is a list of organizations that the City has membership in which engage in lobbying activities. The membership amounts shown are the total membership cost and should not be viewed as amounts spent solely on lobbying activities. The amounts shown were paid in FY2013. Information about each organization and their activities can be found by following the links provided.
Positions taken by an organization the City is affiliated with do not necessarily reflect the views of the South Burlington City Council. The official views of the Council are found in minutes of their meetings, and are generally reported in The Other Paper.
- Vermont League of Cities and Towns - $18,735 l www.vlct.org
- Greater Burlington Industrial Corporation - $5,000 l www.gbicvt.org
- Chamber of Commerce - $4,000 l www.vermont.org
** All communications with public officials and City employees may be subject to public disclosure **