The Planning Commission is in the midst of an overhaul to how Subdivisions, Planned Unit Developments and Master Plans are applied in the community. Key goals of this project are to provide greater predictability to both applicants and the public during the review process, while encouraging innovating design and development that lines up with the City's Comprehensive Plan and its goals for conservation and smart development.
Please visit the Community Feedback page for all letters provided to the City and and listening session summaries.
- NEW August 25, 2020 Staff presentation to Planning Commission on Status of PUD and Subdivision updates, block standards, and options for calculation of density
- Video of Presentation to Planning Commission [August 25, 2020]
- Slides of presentation to Planning Commission [August 25, 2020]
- The Planning Commission (PC) provided a full summary, planned approach, and project status report to the City Council on February 11, 2020.
- Video of Presentation to City Council [February 11, 2020]
- Slides of PC Presentation to City Council [February 11, 2020]
- In addition, Jeff Parsons and Aaron Worthley of Arrow wood Environmental, LILAC, gave a presentation to the Planning Commission and City Council on their recently-completed Forested Habitat Block Assessment and Ranking to the Planning Commission and City Council on February 25, 2020.
The Commission will be pulling all of the various piece together over the coming few months, and will have multiple opportunities for community input prior to holding a formal public hearing.
Everything listed below are draft documents that have been shared with the Planning Commission over the course of the project. Most are still in stages of discussion and editing, with some likely to undergo substantial edits. None of these documents should be considered final drafts. Importantly, the drafts below are the drafts that the Planning Commission commented on. In nearly each case, the Commission has provided feedback on modifying these (see minutes). Should you have questions, or would like assistance in referencing associated staff memos or Commission meeting minutes for any of these topics, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department.
1. Overall Project Status & Broad Findings
- NEW Presentation on Block Standards, Density Calculation Options (August 25, 2020)
- PC affirmed decisions on LD R work [approved 2/3/20]
- PC accepted recommendations related to Transfer of Development Rights Work [approved 2/3/2020]
- Project Status Report to Planning Commission [November 26, 2019]
2. Planned Unit Development Types and Standards
- Draft Planned Unit Development Types Summary Board [October 2019]
- Planned Unit Development Type Detailed outlines
- Neighborhood Commercial District (NC D) Outline [Reviewed by PC October 29, 2019]
- Traditional Neighborhood Development (T ND) Outline [Reviewed by PC October 29, 2019]
- Conservation SPUD Outline [Reviewed by PC May 28 and July 7, 2019]
- Example of Land Use Allocations, Resource Impact Allowance, other Requirements [January 2020]
- Draft applicability of SPUD Types by Zoning District [Reviewed by PC July 23, 2019]
3. Natural Resources Standards (applies to both PUD and other development)
- Environmental Protection Standards (Article 12) draft, staff memo, and maps [May 26, 2020]
- Interactive Map Viewer of Natural Resources & related information [Ongoing Updates]
- Arrow wood Environmental Habitat Block Assessment & Ranking Report [January 24, 2020]
- Summary of approach to regulation of natural resources [Reviewed by PC 10/31/2019]
- Proposal, Scope of Work, and Contract for habitat assessment by Arrowwood Environmental [Sept 2019]
4. Typologies (not all may be applicable to PUDs)
- Draft Street Typologies [reviewed by PC 2/26/19, updated following meeting with Bike/Ped Committee]
- NEW Draft Building Typologies Spreadsheet [September 2, 2020] and Building Typologies with images [reviewed 2/26/2019]
- Draft Open Space Typologies [PC Held Public Hearing 8/13/19 and referred to FBC Committee]
- NEW 2020/10/16: Draft Master Plan text for Planning Commission Review
- Detailed outline of Master Plan Standards [Reviewed by PC 5/18/2018]
- NEW: 2020/10/16: Draft Complete Subdivision text for Planning Commission Review
- Part I - Administrative Text [Reviewed by PC 2/26/19]
- Part II - Text [Reviewed by PC 4/23/19]
- Sharon Murray (consultant) presentation to PC on Natural Resources 3/12/19
- PUD Phase I Final Report August 2016
- Side-by-Side Comparisons of PUDs, Master Plans, and Subdivisions under DRAFT outline [April 1, 2018]
- Side-by-Side Comparison of PUDs, Master Plans, and Subdivisions under Current Regulations [April 1 2018]
In addition to work at Planning Commission meetings (see minutes), Commissioners are hosting public outreach sessions. Meeting notes from these sessions are below:
The Planning Commission's work on this project is closely related to work being done by other committees in the City, notably those requested by the City Council under the Interim Zoning bylaw adopted November 13, 2018.
- Transfer of Development Rights Interim Zoning Committee (Final Report 7/29/19 and supplemental information provided to Council Dec 16, 2019)
- Open Space Interim Zoning Committee (Final Report March 6, 2020)
- Earth Economics Draft Final Report [March 6, 2020]
- Cost/Revenue Report on New Housing (Final Report March 12, 2020)
For more information about this project, please contact Paul Conner, Director of Planning & Zoning, at (802) 846-4106 or firstname.lastname@example.org