The Planning Commission is in the process of updating its Natural Resources Standards. These Standards, which will build from the current standards in Article 12 of the Land Development Regulations, are being developed in concert with the updates to the City's Planned Unit Development / Master Plan / Subdivision standards.
Document Drafts & Planning Commission memos
- Staff memo and drafts of River Corridor, Shorelands, and Source Protection Areas, 5/28/2019
- Commission chair memo and proposal on addressing Natural Resources, 5/14/2019
- Memo and preliminary Natural Resource Subdivision Standards, 4/23/2019
- Memo and draft Primary & Secondary Natural Resources, 3/26/2019
- Natural Resources Elements in Land Use Regulations memo 12/11/2018
There are a number of excellent resources available on this topic.
1. Visit the Interactive South Burlington Natural Resources map viewer. It is updated regularly as the projects evolve, so please check back!
- Annotated table indicating the source of each of the elements in the South Burlington Natural Resources map viewer and regulatory notes (April 2019)
3. Explore the wide range of statewide guides, educational material:
- Community Strategies for Vermont's Forests and Wildlife
- Conserving Vermont's Natural Heritage
- Mapping Vermont's Natural Heritage
The Planning Commission welcomed Jens Hawkins-Hilke, Conservation Wildlife Biologist with the VT Department of Fish and Wildlife as an invited speaker on Tuesday, January 9th.