- Application submission - Apply here
- Vermont Police Academy Entrance Testing - Written, Physical Testing and Psychological Screening - Details
- SBPD oral board panel interview
- Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) submission
- Polygraph examination
- Background investigation
- Interview with the Chief of Police
- Medical evaluation
The application process can take 6+ months to complete.
If you have what it takes and make it through the hiring process, your training begins at the Vermont Police Academy where you will attend a 16-week residential program of instruction followed by a 16-week field training program at SBPD.