WE WANT YOU TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM
***We are actively hiring for the following open positions!***
The Police Department accepts applications year round. Applications received are screened to ensure a person meets our entry standards and those meeting the standards are put into an active file for a period of one (1) year.
Do you consider yourself to be motivated, innovative, organized, and a problem solver? Are you one who is willing to collaborate with and go the extra mile for the team? If you are, we want you!
The South Burlington Police Department is currently seeking team players who are committed to making a difference within our community. We consider our community our #1 responsibility. We continuously recruit for the position of POLICE OFFICER whether a vacancy exists or not. In order to be considered, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- 20 years of age at time of application and High School Diploma;
- Associates Degree or higher strongly encouraged; or
- Have a minimum of 2 years previous full-time experience with another agency; or
- Have honorably discharged after a minimum of a 2 year active duty military tour
Our history has included numerous leading roles within the policing community to include:
- One of the first to implement VALCOUR, a Records Management System designed by/for our Department
- First in the State to offer the D.A.R.E. curriculum in our schools
- First in the State to be Accredited with the Commission on Accreditation
- One of the first agencies to offer mobile connectivity with a State-wide records management system
We offer competitive benefits to include:
- Age 50 Retirement (6½% employee contribution)
- Competitive starting salary with local agencies
- 80 hours vacation initially
- Compensatory time accumulation up to 200 hours
- 16.5 sick days/year; short term disability
- Health/Dental insurance (small employee contributions)
- Educational reimbursement opportunities (50%)
- Numerous specialized assignment opportunities
The South Burlington Police Department is looking for a dynamic professional to join our Public Safety Dispatching team. Public safety dispatchers field emergency calls for both the police and fire departments and are responsible for collecting lifesaving information, dispatching first responders, and tracking the on-scene requests from both departments. This work can be fast paced and involve high stakes which the organization trains and resources the successful candidate to handle. Public safety dispatchers work a variety of shifts in order to cover the 24/7 demands of public safety.The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment while maintaining great customer service. Public safety dispatchers are employees of the South Burlington Police Department and are offered a comprehensive benefit package which includes competitive salary, shift differential, holiday pay, health insurance, and many other outstanding benefits. The effort to establish and staff a consolidated Chittenden County Public Safety Dispatch center is underway. Employees of the South Burlington Police Department dispatch team will be offered employment opportunities within the new organization.
The South Burlington Police Department is a cohesive team looking for the right individual, those interested should contact Sgt. Doug Dubie at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Click here for a complete job description.
To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter along with your application to:
POLICE OFFICER CANDIDATES
For an application, visit the links below, call (802) 846-4111, or email our recruiting team at email@example.com.