WE WANT YOU TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM!
The Police Department accepts applications year round. Applications received are screened to ensure a person meets our entry standards and those meeting the standards are put into an active file for a period of one (1) year.
Do you consider yourself to be motivated, innovative, organized, and a problem solver? Are you one who is willing to collaborate with and go the extra mile for the team? If you are, we want you!
The South Burlington Police Department seeks team players who are committed to making a difference in our community. We consider our community our #1 responsibility. We continuously recruit for the position of POLICE OFFICER whether a vacancy exists or not. In order to be considered, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- 20 years of age at time of application and High School Diploma;
- Associates Degree or higher strongly encouraged; or
- Have a minimum of 2 years previous full-time experience with another agency; or
- Have honorably discharged after a minimum of a 2 year active duty military tour
Our history has included numerous leading roles within the policing community to include:
- One of the first to implement VALCOUR, a Records Management System designed by/for our Department
- First in the State to offer the D.A.R.E. curriculum in our schools
- First in the State to be Accredited with the Commission on Accreditation
- One of the first agencies to offer mobile connectivity with a State-wide records management system
We offer competitive benefits to include:
- Age 50 Retirement (6½% employee contribution)
- Competitive starting salary with local agencies
- 80 hours vacation initially
- Compensatory time accumulation up to 200 hours
- 16.5 sick days/year; short term disability
- Health/Dental insurance (small employee contributions)
- Educational reimbursement opportunities (50%)
- Numerous specialized assignment opportunities
To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter along with your application to:
Lieutenant Gregg Jager
South Burlington Police Department
19 Gregory Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403
Electronic submissions for police officer candidates may be made to email@example.com.
For an application, visit the links below, call (802) 846-4111, or email our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.