About the Planning Commission
The South Burlington Planning Commission is a seven member board of South Burlington citizens who are appointed by the City Council. The South Burlington Planning Commission is charged with overseeing revisions to the Land Development Regulations (i.e., Zoning and Subdivision Regulations), undertaking planning studies, and updating the Comprehensive Plan. Planning Commission meetings are open to the public and typically meet at 7:00 pm on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month in the City Hall Conference Room, 575 Dorset Street.
The Planning Commission is staffed by the Department of Planning & Zoning. For information, contact Director of Planning & Zoning Paul Conner at (802) 846-4106 or email@example.com
- The City Council adopted a series of Amendments to the Land Development Regulations at their April 2, 2018 meeting.
Agendas, Meeting Packets, and Minutes
Annual Work Plan
- The Commission is in the midst of a project to overhaul how Planned Unit Developments and Master Plan are envisioned and managed.
Task Forces and Subcommittees
The Planning Commission appoints, from time to time, working task forces and subcommittees. They include:
- Sustainable Agriculture Subcommittee (Sept 2013 -- November 2015)
- Form Based Codes Technical Items Working Group (Aug 2014 -- present) [currently inactive]
- TDR Expansion Subcommittee (Nov 2013 - present) [currently inactive]
- Affordable Housing Subcommittee (July - October 2013) [task completed]
- Solar Ready Roofs Task Force (May-present) [currently inactive]