We are looking for great people to work here in the City. Our team is focused on keeping South Burlington one of the best places to live, work, and visit.
Water Quality Operator - Full Time Position
This position is responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment for the City’s Water Quality System.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :The essential functions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitors, maintains and repairs equipment and facilities at wastewater facilities and pumping stations.
- Creates and maintains accurate log records of repairs and routine maintenance tasks, pump station call-outs and pressing duties.
- Performs general external maintenance tasks such as mowing grass, trimming and snow removal.
- Performs indoor plant maintenance tasks such as cleaning, mopping and painting.
- Respond to on-call and weekend duties on a rotating schedule after training period.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year relevant work experience with operation of mechanical, electrical, and automotive tools and equipment; or equivalent education.
- Valid VT CDL license with Tanker Endorsement or must obtain within first six months f employment.
- VT Grade 1-DM Wastewater Operator’s License or must obtain within first six months of employment.
- Effective verbal and written communication, required.
- Ability to work effectively in team environment.
Please submit your application to Jaimie Held, Human Resource Manager @ firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking team players who are committed to making a difference in our community. We consider our community our #1 responsibility. We continuously recruit for the position of POLICE OFFICER whether a vacancy exists or not. Complete a police application form and submit to email@example.com.
In order to be considered, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- 20 years of age at the time of application and High School Diploma;
- Associates Degree or higher strongly encouraged; or
- Have a minimum of 2 years previous full-time experience with another agency; or
- Have honorably discharged after a minimum of a 2-year active duty military tour
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Download and complete a City employment application form.
- Compile requested materials.
- Submit your application.
- via email— firstname.lastname@example.org
- via mail— Human Resources, City Hall, 575 Dorset Street, South Burlington, VT 05403
Questions? Call us at 802.846.4118 or email email@example.com.