BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The South Burlington Community Library has a Board of Trustees who serve renewable terms of three years. Trustees work closely with the Library Director to develop goals and policies ensuring the library is meeting its mission and addressing community needs during a period of growth and development. The Board meets once a month and Trustees also serve on the following committees: Fundraising, Advocacy, Governance, Evaluation, Finance. Positions on the Board are advertised through the City of South Burlington and the application is located here.
The LBOT seeks interested community members to serve on the Board as we oversee the current Community Library and as we plan and fundraise for a much-needed and long-awaited new public library for our city.
New members start their terms in September and bring talents and skills that best serve the Library. Their contributions might include some or all of the following:
- A desire for our Library to be the best it can be
- The vision to plan for the long term
- A willingness to advocate for the Library and tell the Library’s story in the community
- Marketing skills
- Fundraising experience
- Connections in the community
- Expertise in human resources
- A background in business management
- A knowledge of finance; a willingness to understand and develop budgets and to oversee funds set aside specifically for library use
All Board and Committee meetings comply with Open Meeting Laws and are open to the public.
SOUTH BURLINGTON COMMUNITY LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEMBERS
MargaretAnn Cross - Vice Chair
Bonnie Finnigan - Chair
MEETINGS held at the Library at 4:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted) on the second Thursday of each month.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
LIBRARY BOARD MINUTES
- AGREEMENT - DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A PUBLIC LIBRARY
- MOU (Memorandum of Understanding By and between the City of South Burlington and the South Burlington Community Library Board of Trustees) - 2013
- SPACE COMMITTEE REPORT - 2013
- TRUSTEE BY-LAWS - 2013
- TRUSTEE POLICIES & PROCEDURES - 2013