Take me to:
current election schedule and ballots and results
register to vote or update voter information
request an absentee ballot
polling locations and hours
who are my representative and senators?
Current election schedule and ballots and results
2021 Election Schedule:
March 2, 2021 Town Meeting RESULTS Ballot
Please be aware that the City Clerk's office will close at noon the day prior to any election so that staff may prepare for the election.
return to top
- Go on line to the Secretary of State's website and register on-line at https://olvr.vermont.gov/
- OR stop by the clerk's office to fill out an application
- OR call the office to have the application mailed to you
- Or fill out the voter application and return to the City Clerk's office
- Plus: You are automatically put on South Burlington's voter list when you visit DMV unless you opt out of the automatic enrollment
Election Day Voter Registration is available for all elections in the City. However, in order to make your election day experience less stressful it is recommended that you verify your voting status in the City prior to Election Day.
No matter how you register you should receive confirmation in the mail from the Clerk's office once your application is processed. If you don't receive confirmation within 2 weeks of registering, please call the office at 846-4105.
return to top
Absentee ballots and early voting
Absentee Ballot (or Early Voting) Information:
- Absentee ballots for annual meetings are available at least 20 days prior to the election.
- Absentee ballots for presidential primary (March), state primary (August) and general (November) elections are available 45 days prior to the election. However if the City is having a special election in August or November those City ballots may not be ready until somewhere between 20 -30 days prior to the election due to state laws.
- absentee ballot request form
- The federal voting laws have changed and ballots will be ready 45 days prior to the election for absentee voting for federal and state elections only. For local elections absentees are generally available 20 -30 days prior to the election day. The absentee ballot request form is good for only 1 year.
- The City is unable to keep an absentee list from year to year per state law. Each year a new request must be made for any or all elections for that current calendar year.
- Early voting in the Clerk's office will end at noon the day before every election to give the clerk's staff the time to process the early ballots and prepare for the election
- Early voting ballots may be returned by mailing to 575 Dorset St, coming into City Hall or by using our 24/7 drop box located near the main entrance to City Hall.
Past Ballots and results:
November 6, 2018 sample ballot (all district ballots are the same except for state representative
November 6, 2018 election results
Official results from annual town meeting
City Special Election August 14, 2018 results (Penny for Paths)
Current ballots to past ballots as far as 1990 are now word searchable and posted on the web. Click here and go to the advanced search button on the top right of the page and then click voted ballots on the left side of the screen to keep your search within the ballots information. The actual ballot and results information can be accessed by clicking on "click here" located just below the ballot date. The first ballot you see from your search result was re-typed so that it could be made word searchable.
- Guide to City Representatives and Chittenden County in Senators serving in Montpelier(download document below)
- Find your polling district and location (downloadable district map and street-by-street list below)
- Sample ballots will be posted on this web-site as they become available. (See Below)
return to top
Polling location information
Polling locations - Find your polling location by your street address
Map of polling districts - Revised map of new polling districts
Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the following locations for all elections:
District 7-1 Orchard School - Baldwin Ave
District 7-2 F.H. Tuttle Middle School - Dorset St
District 7-3 F.H. Tuttle Middle School - Dorset St
District 7-4 Chamberlin School - White St
return to top
Who are my representatives and senators?
List of representatives and senators return to top