Welcome to the South Burlington City Clerk’s web page.
South Burlington City Hall is closed effective Monday, November 16 but the City Clerk's office will be working behind the scenes but working in 2 teams to guarantee the office can stay operational if one team needs to quarantine or becomes sick. We are available by appointment for the following:
title research: by appointment by visiting our calendar. If you need the links to the calendar please call 846-4105. We will allow people to "stop by" without an appointment for research as long as there are not 2 researchers already in the office. Please go to the back door of city hall and call the phone number on the door for the clerk's office to enter the building. Hours are 9 -12 and 1-4 to allow for disinfecting.
Vital Records (death or birth certificates) Please fill out the paperwork and call the office at 846-4105 to find out which email account to use to submit the completed form as well as your identifcation. Once complete, we will set up a time to meet you outdoors to exchange the certified copy for your payment. If you use a credit card it must be submitted at the time of the request for the certified copies, otherwise cash or check are the accepted payments at pickup.
Marriage licenses and marriage certified copies: If you are looking to get married, fill out the form and call the office at 846-4105 to find out which email account to use to submit the completed form. If you are looking for a certified copy of your marriage certificate, please call 846-4105 to give us the information. Once we complete either the marriage license or certified copy, we will set up a time to meet you outdoors to exchange the license or certified copy for your payment. If you use a credit card it must be submitted at the time of the request, otherwise cash or check are the accepted payments at pickup.
Thank you for your understanding during these difficult time and stay well.
I am, Donna Kinville, your elected City Clerk since 2001.
Over the years that I have served as your City Clerk I have worked hard to:
1) Preserve and protect the records of the City by using emerging technology
2) Maintain the integrity of the elections
3) Remember that I am elected by the citizens of the City to represent them in City Hall on a daily basis.
Whatever the reason you accessed our web page, whether you are a current resident, thinking about becoming a resident, or a visitor to our beautiful City, we welcome you. South Burlington is truly is a “different place altogether” where there is still a small town feel with all the city conveniences you need.
The Clerk’s office is the hub of any municipality and we are certainly no exception. If you have a question please call us and we will gladly assist you.
City Clerk's Office Staff:
- City Clerk - Donna Kinville l 846-4119
- Deputy City Clerk - Deb Woodward l 846-4122
- Assistant City Clerk – Pam Correia l 846-4120
- Part Time Assistant City Clerk - Jill Braddish | 846-4148
The City Clerk's Office Oversees:
- Land Records
- Elections & Voting
- Civil Marriage Licenses
- Dog & Cat Licenses
- Vital Records
- Public Street Use Permit
- Entertainment Permits
- Liquor & Tobacco Licenses- please contact State Liquor Control Board for application
- Pay your real estate taxes on-line - all questions should be directed to the tax department at 846-4109
- DMV--temporary registration renewals
- Green Mountain Passport
- Notary services offered free of charge but no more than 3 signatures for notarization
- Water payment drop offs accepted at the Clerk's office