Other Services

DMV Registration Renewal:                                 red car
We can process cars, boats, trailers and snowmobile renewals.  The receipt and sticker that are given out at the clerk's office are only temporary (good for 30 days).  Within a few weeks after paying, the state will send the appropriate stickers to you.

If you can provide the Vermont pre-printed state renewal form, then payment can be made motorcycleby the following options:

        • Check or money order payable to DMV                                          
        • Credit cards (MC, Visa, Discover)
        • Debit cards

If you do not have the Vermont pre-printed form, payment to DMV must be made by credit card or debit card.  In addition, you will need to provide the Driver's license or plate number so that we an access your registration.

Please Note --There is an additional $3.00 processing fee per vehicle for all renewals which must be paid in cash or with a separate check payable to the City of South Burlington.

Green Mountain Passports:                            

          If you are a South Burlington resident and are over 62 years of age or a veteran in the armed forces, did you know that you could apply for a Green Mountain Passport? The passport is a discount program for seniors or veterans and is run by the VT Agency of Human Services and the Department of Aging and Disabilities.  The passport will get you into all of Vermont's state parks, historic sites and state events at no charge.  South Burlington is also honoring the passport at their Red Rocks Park beach.   There is only a $2.00 application fee. It is available only at the city clerk's office to South Burlington residents.  So stop in to pick up your Green Mountain Passport today and start enjoying your summer.  If you would like the passport laminated, there is an additional $2.00 fee per card.

Green Mountain Passport Application 
Green Mountain Passport Brochure
Frequently asked questions about the Green Mountain Passport
Maps of Parks in Vermont
List of Historical Parks covered by Green Mountain Passport

Notary Public:
The City Clerk's staff are all notary publics and we will notarize your documents during our office hours.

Please follow these simple rules to make sure that we can notarize your documents:
- Do not sign the document prior to coming into the office. The notary must witness you signing the document
- Please bring adequate identification for every person signing the document.  Driver Licenses and passports are preferred. 
- Due to time constraints in the office we will only notarize 3 signatures or 3 documents, whichever is less, during a 24 hour period.
- If your document requires more than 1 witness in addition to the notary, please be aware that we will sometimes have difficulty in finding additional witnesses for you.  Due to the complexity of all the various documents we see, we will not allow the notary to also sign as a witness, as some documents do not allow it.
-We will not notarize a document which states that the attached copy, such as a drivers license, passport, etc. are valid documents
-We will not notarize I-9 Employee Eligibility Verification Form
-If you have any questions regarding our notary services, please call the office at 846-4105.