Jessie Baker, City Manager - email@example.com
180 Market Street
South Burlington, Vermont 05403
Phone (802) 846-4107
Fax (802) 846-4104
As Chief Executive Officer for the City of South Burlington, the City Manager oversees the administration of the City, its operating departments, and the City budget. Appointed by the City Council to carry out its policies and directives, the City Manager position is non-partisan and filled based upon the qualifications of the applicant.
FY22 Policy Priorities and Strategies
Key City Staff & Department Heads:
City Manager’s Office
- Finance Director / Treasurer - Martha Machar l (802) 383-1789
- City Attorney - Colin McNeil | (802) 923-5543
- Deputy City Attorney - Amanda Lafferty l (802) 846-4142
- Human Resource Director Daisy Brayton | (802) 846-4127
- Community Development Director – Ilona Blanchard l (802) 846-4123
- IT Director – Mike Mott l (802) 383-1786
- Director of Physical Plant - Greg Yandow | (802) 383-1790
Tax Collection and Assessments
Director of Tax Collection and Assessment - Martha Lyons | (802) 846-4109
City Clerk – Donna Kinville l (802) 846-4119
Fire Chief – Steve Locke l (802) 846-4147
Health Officer & Building Inspector - Terry Francis | (802) 846-4134
Police Chief - Shawn Burke l (802) 846-4186
Planning & Zoning
Director – Paul Conner l (802) 846-4106
Director – Jennifer Murray l (802) 846-4140
Public Works Director – Tom DiPietro l (802) 658-7961
Sewer Superintendent – Bob Fischer l (802) 658-7964
Water Superintendent – Jay Nadeau l (802) 864-7454 x. 4817
Recreation & Parks
Recreation Director – Holly Rees l (802) 846-4108
The City of South Burlington has a public records policy which complies with the Vermont’s “Public Records Law” (Title 1, Chapter 5, Subchapter 3 of Vermont Statutes Annotated - 1 V.S.A. § 315-320). The law states that “"[A]ny agency, board, department, commission, committee, branch, instrumentality, or authority of the state or any agency, board, committee, department, branch, instrumentality, commission, or authority of any political subdivision of the state" is obligated to provide access to public records for inspection and copying unless the records are exempt by law from public access.
Submit public information requests to the appropriate department personnel as follows:
- Vital and Land Records – Donna Kinville, City Clerk - (802) 846-4119
- South Burlington Police Records Department - SBPD-Admin@sbpdvt.org - (802) 846-4160
- Development Review Board and Planning Commission - Paul Conner, Planning and Zoning Director l (802) 846-4113
- All other records not listed above - Contact the department head or City Manager's Office l (802) 846-4107
The City does not use a lobbying firm for general lobbying activities.
Elected and appointed officials may from time to time advocate for or against legislation either as individuals or as a result of a position officially adopted by the City Council. Any Council actions taken may be found in the minutes of the City Council.
City Affiliation to Organizations that Lobby
The following is a list of organizations that the City has membership in which engage in lobbying activities. The membership amounts shown are the total membership cost and should not be viewed as amounts spent solely on lobbying activities. The amounts shown were paid in FY2013. Information about each organization and their activities can be found by following the links provided.
Positions taken by an organization the City is affiliated with do not necessarily reflect the views of the South Burlington City Council. The official views of the Council are found in minutes of their meetings, and are generally reported in The Other Paper.
- Vermont League of Cities and Towns - $18,735 l www.vlct.org
- Greater Burlington Industrial Corporation - $5,000 l www.gbicvt.org
- Chamber of Commerce - $4,000 l www.vermont.org
** All communications with public officials and City employees may be subject to public disclosure **