WHEN TO CALL 911 FOR A FIRE /MEDICAL EMERGENCY:
You can now access 911 help via text message in Vermont.
CALL 911 for:
- A fire, even if you think it is extinguished.
- A car crash, especially if someone is injured
- A medical emergency, such as someone who is unconscious, gasping for air or not breathing, experiencing an allergic reaction, having chest pain, having uncontrollable bleeding, or any other symptoms that require immediate medical attention.
- A smoke or carbon monoxide detector is sounding for an unknown reason.
- The odor of natural gas or propane in or around your residence/workplace.
- Odor or sight of smoke in or around your residence/workplace.
- Power line sparking or down.