The City is adopted its first-ever Climate Action Plan in October 2022. This plan lays the foundation for the community to meet the City's & State of Vermont's ambitious greenhouse gas reduction and climate targets over the coming years and decades.
The City Council set up a Climate Action Plan Task Force to guide the preparation of this Plan by staff from the Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission, serving in a consulting capacity, and City Planning & Zoning staff.
Latest News & Documents!
- ADOPTED CLIMATE ACTION PLAN, (10/03/2022)
- DRAFT APPROVED BY THE CLIMATE ACTION PLAN TASK FORCE AND SUBMITTED TO CITY COUNCIL (9/8/2022)
- This draft was approved by the Climate Action Plan Task Force 6-0 at their meeting on September 8, 2022.
- THIRD DRAFT OF THE PLAN NOW AVAILABLE (9/6/2022)!
- This third draft is being reviewed, with possible action to approve, at the Climate Action Plan Task Force's meeting on September 8th, 2022. This draft incorporates feedback from the 8/29 meeting.
- SECOND DRAFT OF THE PLAN NOW AVAILABLE (8/26/22)!
- A second draft of the Plan has been prepared and is being reviewed by the Climate Action Plan Task Force as part of their meeting on August 29, 2022. This draft incorporates feedback from the community over the past six weeks. Based on direction from the Task Force on 8/29, this draft may be further updated for the Task Force's next meeting (9/8)
- 5-MINUTE COMMUNITY CLIMATE SURVEY!
- We need your best ideas on how our community can take on the challenge of addressing climate change. Please help us by filling out this 5-minute survey.
- FIRST DRAFT OF THE PLAN NOW AVAILABLE (7/15/22)!
Please take a few minutes to read over the very first draft of the Climate Action Plan. Ideas? Comments? Concerns? Share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org through August 10th!
- Presentation on South Burlington Demographics and Data, January 26, 2022
- State Climate Action Plan Guiding Principles for a Just Transition
Task Force Meetings, Agendas, Packets and Minutes
- Click here to access all agendas, packets and minutes of the Task Force
- See the City's committee calendar for upcoming meeting dates!
Council ResolutionsThe City Council has adopted three important resolutions laying the foundation for this work:
2017 City Council Resolution on Climate Change
2021 City Council Climate Change Resolution
2021 Climate Action Plan Task Force Charter
Vermont Climate Action Plan, adopted by the Vermont Climate Council December 2021
For More Information
Contact Paul Conner, Director of Planning & Zoning and Chief Sustainability officer, at (802) 846-4106 or email@example.com