The South Burlington Police Department is a 24/7 operation which brings unique challenges and opportunities to our officers. In order to excel within the South Burlington Police Department we require the ability to think on one’s feet, problem solve and perform professionally under a variety of circumstances - day and night, 365 days a year. If you are up to the challenge and believe a rewarding career in 21st century law enforcement is for you, we invite you to apply below. Once your application is submitted, the hiring process is as follows:
- Application submission - Apply here (fillable PDF)
- Vermont Police Academy Entrance Testing - Written, Physical Testing and Psychological Screening - Details
- SBPD oral board panel interview
- Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) submission
- Polygraph examination
- Background investigation
- Interview with the Chief of Police
- Medical evaluation
The application process can take 6+ months to complete.
If you have what it takes and make it through the hiring process, your training begins at the Vermont Police Academy where you will attend a 16-week residential program of instruction followed by a 16-week field training program at SBPD.