WE WANT YOU TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM!
The Police Department accepts applications year round. Applications received are screened to ensure a person meets our entry standards and those meeting the standards are put into an active file for a period of one (1) year.
Do you consider yourself to be motivated, innovative, organized, and a problem solver? Are you one who is willing to collaborate with and go the extra mile for the team? If so, we want you!
The South Burlington Police Department seeks team players who are committed to making a difference in our community. We consider our community our #1 responsibility. We continuously recruit for the position of POLICE OFFICER whether a vacancy exists or not. In order to be considered, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- 20 years of age at time of application and High School Diploma;
- Associates Degree or higher strongly encouraged; or
- Have a minimum of 2 years previous full-time experience with another agency; or
- Have honorably discharged after a minimum of a 2 year active duty military tour
Our history has included numerous leading roles within the policing community to include:
- One of the first to implement VALCOUR, a Records Management System designed by/for our Department
- First in the State to offer the D.A.R.E. curriculum in our schools
- First in the State to be Accredited with the Commission on Accreditation
- One of the first agencies to offer mobile connectivity with a State-wide records management system
We offer competitive benefits to include:
- Age 50 Retirement (6½% employee contribution)
- Competitive starting salary with local agencies
- 80 hours vacation initially
- Compensatory time accumulation up to 200 hours
- 16.5 sick days/year; short term disability
- Health/Dental insurance (small employee contributions)
- Educational reimbursement opportunities (50%)
- Numerous specialized assignment opportunities
To apply for Police Officer, please submit a current resume and cover letter along with your application to:
Lieutenant Gregg Jager
South Burlington Police Department
19 Gregory Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403
Electronic submissions for police officer candidates may be made to email@example.com.
For an application, visit the links below, call (802) 846-4111, or email our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PUBLIC SAFETY DISPATCHER
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year experience or training in radio or telephone communication with general knowledge of law enforcement or fire science procedure, preferred.
- Working knowledge of the operation and functions of basic computer systems (Microsoft Office, the internet, etc) as well as the skills and abilities to operate this equipment under emergency conditions.
- Knowledge of the street geography of South Burlington, as well as, the ability to direct individuals to locations within the community, preferred.
- For more information and to apply, visit the City of South Burlington Human Resources site.
The City of South Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or crime victim status.