Victim Resources

The South Burlington Police Department is committed to providing assistance to those who are in need.  To this end we have established this page to list referral agencies that can assist with your needs.

We have listed below several programs and agencies that may be of assistance to you.  If you cannot find the appropriate service or agency, you have several choices:

     1. Call or visit Vermont 211 to connect with a community resource specialist. 
     2. Contact the South Burlington Police Department at (802) 846-4111 for non-emergency inquiries or 911 in an emergency. 
     3. Visit the Vermont Center for Crime Victim Services Web-Site at or call:
          - 800-750-1213 (VT Only)
          - 802-241-1250
          - 800-845-4874 (TTY)
     4. If you are a victim of a stolen vehicle, refer to the South Burlington Community Justice Center's Resource Sheet for Stolen Vehicles

Abuse Prevention Orders:  If you are a victim of abuse or battering, or in fear of being abused, you may call:
          • Family Court (Weekdays before 4:00 PM) - 802-651-1809; or
          • After Hours/Weekends - 800-540-9990

Steps To End Domestic Violence: Our mission is to assist in the transition to a safe, independent life for all those who have been affected physically, sexually, emotionally, or economically by domestic abuse and to promote a culture that fosters justice, equity and safety. (Formerly Women Helping Battered Women)
          • Phone: 802-658-1996 (TTY or Voice)
          • Internet:

Victim Assistance Program: Administered through the Chittenden County State's Attorney's Office, the Victim Assistance Program provides advocacy, crisis counseling, and assistance to all victims of crime.  
          • Phone: 802-863-2865

Human Rights Commission: Civil Rights Violations - Discrimination or harassment based on race, gender, age, sexual preference, color, religion, national origin, or physical or mental impairment.
          • Phone: 802-828-2480

Adult Protective Services: To report abuse of a disabled or elderly individual.  Adult Protective Services also provides referrals for services to individuals over the age of 60, or those who have a physical or mental impairment and are victims of crime, abuse, neglect, or exploitation.
           • Phone: 800-564-1612
           • Internet:

Access for Elders: Referrals for individuals over age 60 for services available in their area such as counseling, financial, medical, or legal assistance
          • Phone: 800-642-5119

First Call for Children and Families: 24 hour assistance to families and children in crisis.
          • Phone: 802-864-7777

Department for Children and Families (DCF): Provides assistance to children suffering form neglect or physical, emotional, or sexual abuse.
          • Phone: 802-863-7370 (Business hours)
          • Phone: 800-649-5285 (Nights & Weekends)
          • Internet:

Resources for victims of stolen vehicles