City of South Burlington 1st Tax Installment due Tuesday, August 15, 2023 - Business Hours: 8:00 - 4:30 PM
South Burlington Tax Bills were mailed on 7/15/2023 and should be arriving soon!
Tax bills were mailed to the property record owner as of April 1, 2023 (Per VT Law). Please forward the bill to the new owner or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if a copy of a tax bill is needed.
The installment due dates are:
1st Installment due by Tuesday, August 15, 2023
2nd Installment due by Wednesday, November 15, 2023
3rd Installment due by Friday, March 15, 2024
We accept Cash (recommend you pay in person), Check or Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard - transactions are charged an additional 2.8 Percent Fee along with a .98 cent site fee)
Checks (No Cash) may also be placed in the drop box next to the main entrance of City Hall (180 Market Street). Checks should be made out to "City of South Burlington". Please write your parcel identification number, found at the upper left portion of your tax bill, in the memo field of your check. If payments are made on or before 11:59 PM in our drop box on 8/15/2023 your payment will be considered on time.
If payment is made or mailed after the tax deadline there will be a late penalty fee of 8% and 1% interest charged. The date of your electronic transaction for payment of taxes is NOT a determining factor for on time payments.
- If you pay your Property Taxes through online banking, please verify the mailing address on file is 180 Market Street. Please allow your bank 5 to 10 business days to mail the payment.
- You may mail your payment to: City of South Burlington, Attn: Taxes, 180 Market Street, South Burlington VT 05403. We do accept postmark by the USPS on the due date of August 15, 2023, as an on-time payment. Please allow 5 to 10 business days to mail the payment.
- Credit Cards, you may go through the City’s websitegov and make your payment through X-Press Pay using the “How Do I?” tab on the front page. There is an additional user charge for this option by the credit card company.
- If your taxes are escrowed with your mortgage, your mortgage company will send in your payment.
- If you have signed up for the City’s auto pay program, your payment will automatically be taken on August 15, 2023. If you want to sign up for Auto-withdrawal, click HERE Paperwork to sign up for the August 15, 2023 installment must be received by August 7, 2023.
More questions? Please visit our website at: https://www.southburlingtonvt.gov/departments/tax_assessor_office/pay_your_taxes.php