Annual Meeting: Information on Meetings, Public Hearings, and the BallotPRE-TOWN MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
Monday, March 1 | 7 pm
Virtual Meeting This meeting will be held fully electronically. Interactive Online Meeting (audio & video)
The legal voters of the City of South Burlington are further warned and notified that a virtual public information meeting will be held to discuss Articles I, II, and III on Monday, March 1, 2021 on Zoom.
- Log on https://sbschools.zoom.us/j/86018631826?pwd=YUpGc0Nmc2lWNGdWVlNCWHhWSUxXZz09
- Passcode: 0301Hear Webinar ID: 860 1863 1826 Passcode: 48403070
- Or Telephone: US: +1 646 518 9805 or +1 646 876 9923
Tuesday, March 2 | 7 am - 7 pm
BALLOTSBallots for the March 2, 2021 Annual Meeting have been mailed. Mail the completed ballot back to the City Clerk, place in drop box at entrance of City Hall, or bring it with you to the polls on March 2. See the ballot.
For more information on elections, voting, etc., visit the Clerk's information.
ARTICLES ON THE BALLOT
Let's look at the three municipal articles on the City Ballot. Below you will find key points and links to where you can learn more.
Article I: Candidates for City Council
Article II: FY 2022 Budget
- Lowest Tax Rate increase in 10 years (just under a 1% increase)
- Nine unfunded staff positions
- Somewhat reduced level of service in some departments
- Meets all contractual obligations
- Meets all bonded debt obligations
- Support for the Capital Improvement 10-year Plan
- Funds annual assessments & support to other entities
Watch a presentation on the budget: https://www.southburlingtonvt.gov/news_detail_T7_R413.php
Access the budget details, including revenue and expenses: https://www.southburlingtonvt.gov/departments/finance/fiscal-year-22-budget.php
Attend the Virtual Public Hearing on Monday, March 1. Go to the City calendar at www.sbvt.gov to access log on information.
Article III: TIF Financing for Garden Street
View a video overview: https://youtu.be/T0m5IuVVLpA
Attend the Virtual Public Hearing on Monday, March 1. Log on information is above.