The March 15, 2021 Tax Installment Is just Around The Corner.
In an effort to help do our part to keep everyone safe, City Hall is currently closed to the public and we are going 100% contactless for the March installment. What does this mean?
Payment options are:
- If you usually come to City Hall to make your payment, you will now leave your payment in a sealed envelope in the after-hours drop box located by the main doors.
- You may mail your payment to: City of South Burlington, Attn: Taxes, 575 Dorset Street, South Burlington VT 05403. We do accept postmark by the USPS of March 15, 2021 as an on-time payment.
- You may use your online bill pay through your bank. Please allow your bank 3 to 5 business days to mail the check.
- You may go through the City’s website southburlingtonvt.gov and make your payment through X-Press Pay using the “How Do I?” tab on the front page. There is an additional user charge for this option by the credit card company.
- If your taxes are escrowed with your mortgage nothing changes. Your mortgage company will send in your payment.
- If you have signed up for the City’s auto pay program, your payment will automatically be taken on March 15, 2021.
Please include your parcel id with the payment option you choose.
If you would like a receipt for your payment, please email me directly at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Email is the preferred method for receipts. If you do not have an email address, please include a note with your payment with your parcel id and mailing address if different than the property you are making a payment on.
Payments must either be dropped off or post marked by March 15, 2021 to avoid penalty and interest.
We will be working remotely and payments will be posted as efficiently as possible. Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions please reach out to Martha at either email listed above.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time, take care and be well!