You can think about all of the ways in your house that energy is used and what appliances use the most energy. How can you cut back?
Water heating is a home's second-highest energy cost. Research shows that heating water accounts for almost 20 percent of residential energy bills. It can take far less energy to heat a gallon of water with electricity than with fossil fuel. Minimize the energy by reducing your use of hot water:
- install low-flow faucets and shower heads;
- turn down the temperature of your tank;
- insulate your heater tank and surrounding pipes;
- launder with cold water.
Most effective of all, when you shop for a new water heater, choose the most efficient model within your budget. Electric heat pump water heaters typically offer the best balance of up-front cost, ease of installation, and savings over time.
- Treehugger -Best energy efficient dryers
- Energy Star - Most energy efficient dryers
- Designer Appliances - Heat Pump Dryers - https://www.designerappliances.com/blog/best-heat-pump-dryer/
Clothes Washers A high-efficiency washer leads to energy and cost savings each month.
- LeafScore - Pros and cons of all types
- Best Reviews. - Top 5 winners
- The Spruce - Summary of best induction cooktops of 2022
- Green Mountain Power - Induction stove rebates
Refrigerators Key considerations are 1) energy use and 2) the type of chemical refrigerant. Here are some reviews of refrigerators: