In mid-July the City will hold a celebration and grand opening of the City Center park, formerly Dumont Park. Many of us contributed to the design and vision of this park in meetings and on-line comments. The Weed Warriors helped to clear invasive species! The vision has been posted in City Hall, and the work has begun! This park is a unique natural urban space, retaining trees, providing paths, and creating outdoor gathering areas. This gem is close to City Center, Central School, the future Library, and existing neighborhoods.
When the City unveils the sign, what name will be on it? That’s where you come in. The Recreation and Parks Committee invite YOU to help us Name the Park. Here’s how to help:
- Monday, March 12 to April 12: Initial Name Suggestion Survey will be posted on the City website, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VQQSX9L Public submits names.
- Friday April 13 to April 27: All names submitted will now be placed on new survey for "voting" which is active and up for two weeks. You can vote on the names suggested.
- April 27 -Name Voting ends at 12:00pm and all results from Survey Monkey are sent to Naming Sub-Committee, a Sub-Committee of Recreation and Parks Committee.
- April 30 - Sub-Committee Meets to pass forward 5 names for consideration of Rec and Park Committee.
- The Recreation and Parks Committee submits a name to City Council.
Please help us capture the beauty and nature of this park in a name that fits the features and opportunities here.