South Burlington Police Department offering Tips on how to Prevent your Car being Broken Into or Stolen
Don’t Let Your Vehicle Be A Target
Simple tasks to help keep you and your property safe:
- Lock all doors with windows up
- Keep valuable out of public view
- Don’t leave your car running
- Activate your vehicle’s alarm system
- Keep your car visible
- Park near other people
- Park in well-lit areas
- Stash before – not after – you park. Thieves maybe watching you as your transfer your valuables to your trunk. Don’t advertise what you have to them.
- Report suspicious activity immediately and give good detailed descriptions.
IF YOUR VEHICLE WAS BROKEN INTO
- Do NOT Enter!
- Do NOT touch anything or clean up!
- Call the Police- 911
If You Have any Information Regarding Suspicious Activity In Your Neighborhood call - 802-846-4111